Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Occupy Oakland Port Shutdown

    I made it down to today's Occupy Oakland protests, which involved a long march from downtown Oakland to the Port of Oakland. Of course, I brought my camera with me, but didn't get as many good photos as I would have liked because I was also on bike, and couldn't really lock it up anywhere. Lesson learned: next time I'll go without a bike (although it made getting home from the port much easier). In any case, the protest seemed to attract a pretty sizable crowd (I think I saw an article online that said there were 2,000 protestors, and that seems about right to me). I heard that some of the night shifts were called off because of the protests, so it seems that they were at least somewhat effective.

March to the Port
Occupy protestors march through Oakland on their way to the port on December 12th's day of action.


March to the Port 2


Road to the Port
Occupy protestors stretch out along Middle Harbor Rd. during Dec 12th's march to occupy the Oakland Port.


Trek to the Port


March to the Port 3


Disbatch to Berth 32
Occupy Oakland protestors race to Berth 32 to support a bicycle blockade preventing trucks from loading their cargo.


Blockade at Berth 32


Bicycle Blockade
An Occupy Oakland protestor at Berth 32 supporting a bicycle blockade preventing trucks from loading their cargo.


Beats Bus
Occupy Oakland protestors rock out on the back of a truck during Dec 12th's move to occupy the Oakland Port.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Photographer, China enthusiast, climate & energy buff. Working in Delhi with the International Innovation Corps.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP