Monday, July 25, 2011

The Streets of Beijing

I'm already 3/4 of the way through my stay in Beijing. I swear time speeds up whenever I come here! Last Thursday and Friday my program went on a quick trip to Chengde, a small city outside of Beijing known primarily for the Imperial Summer House that the emperor used come to to avoid the hot Beijing summers (not to be confused with the Summer Palace, which is much closer to Beijing). Pictures from that trip are coming soon, but in the mean time here is a set of pictures I've accumulated over the past few weeks. Enjoy!


Xizhimen

Buildings next to the Xizhimen subway stop and train station in Beijing. HDR created using Lightroom Enfuse, which produced a much more natural result compared to Photomatix.


乘客
Passengers on a public bus.

Driver

宾馆
The sign for a guesthouse in Haidian district, Beijing.

串
A night market selling kebabs.

打车
A family waits for cab on the side of the road near the Dongwuyuan market in Beijing.

打车二
A women waits to get a cab in Haidian district in Beijing, China.

Hail
A man hails a cab in Haidian district, Beijing.

Late Night Dining
People eat outside at a night market.

Peach Seller
This peach vendor asked me to take his picture, so I obliged :)

Tiananmen

Tiananmen Square. Taken from the National Museum.

Fa Mian Bing
A man selling pastries stares at me out of his shop window.



0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Photographer, China enthusiast, climate & energy buff. Working in Delhi with the International Innovation Corps.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP