Friday, February 3, 2012

UChicago Winter 2012

Winter has come again, meaning its time to pull out the boots, hats, and scarves. Surprisingly, though, the winter seems to have temporarily receded - temperatures reached the low-50s earlier this week. In any case, winter quarter has proven to be fairly busy for me - hence the lack of recent blog posts. I have been taking plenty of pictures, though. These images are from a few chilly weeks we had earlier this quarter and the warmer weeks we have had recently. I have a lot of photos of the Mansueto Library (the glass dome) because this winter is its first winter and it has been interesting to see what it looks like covered in snow.

 I have also been enjoying shooting with my iPhone. I even got one of the photos I took with my iPhone printed on the front page of the school newspaper (something I've been trying to do every since I got a new phone). Newspaper is a very forgiving print medium, but it still shows that the iPhone camera is very capable.

Enjoy the photos! More soon to come.

Photobucket


Egg-loo
Flurries broke days of unseasonably warm weather, dusting the Mansueto Library with snow.


Colors of Oakland
A gorgeous winter sunset in Oakland, California.


Gargoyle on Fire
The garyole above the anatomy building at UChicago.


Glowing Anatomy



Gargoyle on Blue



Spikes on Blue



Max East
Max Palevsky Residence Hall at the University of Chicago.


56th St.



C Bench
The C Bench in front of Cobb Hall at the University of Chicago.


Chilled Egg
This is the Mansueto Library's first Chicago winter.


Generation Gap



Snow-capped
The snow-capped side of the Regenstein Library at the University of Chicago.


Frosty Mansueto
Snow creeps up on the glass surface of the Mansueto Library at the University of Chicago.


Frosty Mansueto 2



Wieboldt Winter
Students make their way to class during a snow storm in Chicago. Taken from the third floor of Wieboldt Hall at the University of Chicago.


Caught in my jacket
I wanted to get some macro shots of snowflakes, but the only place I could get them to stick without melting was my furry jacket. So I just shot them there. Taken with 50mm 1.8 + full set of macro tubes and heavily cropped.


Path to Cobb
The University of Chicago quads during a snow storm.


Rosenwald Blue
Rosenwald Hall in the midst of a snow storm in Chicago. Taken on the University of Chicago campus.


Frosty Mansueto 3
The glass top of the Mansueto Library emerges from the snow-covered landscape.


Rockefeller February
Rockefeller Chapel on an usually warm February day in Chicago.


Illuminating Light
Stained glass on Rockefeller Chapel is illuminated by the afternoon sun. 

Overshadowed


a quickr pickr post

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Photographer, China enthusiast, climate & energy buff. Working in Delhi with the International Innovation Corps.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP