Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Forbidden City

Last Saturday I visited Jingshan Park, which is probably my favorite park in Beijing. I love the dramatic view of the forbidden city and the groups of locals who sing in dance around the park. 
One problem with photographing landmarks in China is that they have been photographed so many times already it's hard to get an original picture. To make matters worse I visited at the middle of the day the light was completely uninteresting. Even though the composition of these pictures is nothing original I hope red and yellow split tone effect makes them a little bit more interesting. Photos of the great wall coming soon! 


Forbidden City 1
The Forbidden City as seen from Jingshan Park. This is probably my favorite view in Beijing.


Forbidden City 2


North Gate
The north gate of the Forbidden City (also shot from Jingshan Park).



Top of Jingshan
The building at the top of Jingshan park seen from the southern entrance.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Photographer, China enthusiast, climate & energy buff. Working in Delhi with the International Innovation Corps.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP