Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cya Chicago - Back to Beijing!

I survived my first year at the University of Chicago! Finals are over, and I'm heading back to California for a 24-hour reunion with my family (sorry Mom). After that I'm flying to Beijing, where I will be studying with the UChicago summer mandarin program at Renmin University for eight weeks. Needless to say I'm ecstatic to be returning to China. First of all, the title of this blog will finally make sense again! Beyond that, thought, I'm looking forward to exploring more of Beijing (which I hear has change quite a bit in the two years since I left) and, of course, practicing my Chinese. It will be nice to arrive in Beijing being able to speak Mandarin decently; I spent a good portion of my junior year trying to get around with my paltry vocabulary. After the program, I'll also be traveling around China for a week or so. I don't have any solid plans yet, but right now Inner Mongolia is looking very promising. Expect lots of photos (if I can get around the great firewall. Blogger is blocked but UChicago has a proxy. I may also be able to finagle another solution without using a proxy). I'm also looking into setting up a Twitter or Weibo account that I could use for shorter updates.

I have started doing paid photo shoots, and continue to shoot weekly assignments for the Chicago Maroon. This means I've had less time to make blog-worthy photos, but this will change in Beijing. For now, you can check out what I've been shooting for the Maroon here. I'll leave you with this shot from the Point this Sunday when the weather here in Chicago was perfect (for once).



- Goodbye Chicago -

Goodbye Chicago


0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Photographer, China enthusiast, climate & energy buff. Working in Delhi with the International Innovation Corps.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP